Asia Sermkij Leasing Public Company Limited (the "Company") was established in 1984 by the Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited to operate hire purchase business for all type of automobiles in form of hire purchase credit provision for brand-new cars to its customers in Bangkok and metropolitan area. Subsequently the Company has expanded its business into used car hire purchase, personal loan and Floor Plan financing service provisions.
The Company's chronology and major development can be summarized as follows:
1984Registered as limited company with the initial registered and fully paid-up capital of Baht 10 million via issuance of ordinary shares totaling 0.1 million shares at par value of Baht 100 per share.1988Increased registered capital to Baht 50 million via the issuance of additional 0.4 million ordinary shares at par value of Baht 100 per share. A total of Baht 20 million were paid-up, thereby increasing the amount of paid-up capital to Baht 30 million.
1991Opened the first branch in Rayong province to expand its business service to customers in Rayong and neighboring provinces.1992
• Called for additional payment of capital for Baht 20 million, thereby increasing the amount of paid-up capital to Baht 50 million. • Bangkok Grand Pacific Lease Public Company Limited, which was established in 1989 to operate leasing, factoring and hire purchase credit service business, acquired 99.99% of the Company's ordinary shares. Its major shareholders are the Bangkok Bank group and Chailease group from the Republic of Taiwan.1993Increased registered and paid-up capital from Baht 50 million to Baht 60 million via the issuance of additional ordinary shares totaling 0.1 million shares at par value of Baht 100 each.1994Established an additional branch in Samutsakorn province to provide service to the customers in Samutsakorn and neighboring provinces.1995Increased registered and paid-up capital from Baht 60 million to Baht 160 million via the issuance of additional 1 million ordinary shares at par value of Baht 100 each. Proceeds were used for business expansion and operational and service efficiency improvement.1998Expanded hire purchase credit service toward used cars.1999Increased registered and paid-up capital from Baht 160 million to Baht 460 million to support the expansion of business via the issuance of 3 million ordinary shares at par value of Baht 100 each.2000Participated in establishing the Thai Hire Purchase Association on 1 June 2000.
• Commenced personal loan provision service to the existing hire purchase customers of the Company with good payment record. • The Company was awarded by the Consumer Protection Board, the Prime Minister's office, as business provider who protects consumer's contractual rights : the exercise of fair agreement to customers.2003 • Converted to a public company on 27 November 2003. • Commenced Floor Plan financing service provision to auto dealers.2004 • Reduced the registered and paid-up capital by Baht 112 million to Baht 348 million in order to eliminate retained deficit. • Increased the registered and paid-up capital by Baht 80 million to Baht 428 million. • Changed the par value from Baht 100 to Baht 5 per share, resulting to the Company's total paid-up ordinary shares amounting to 85.60 million shares. Accordingly, the Company's total registered and paid-up capital stood at Baht 428 million. • Restructured the shareholding structure on 20 May 2004 so that the Company became 99.99% shareholder in Bangkok Grand Pacific Lease Public Company Limited. As a result, Bangkok Grand Pacific Lease Public Company Limited became the subsidiary of the Company. • Established a new branch to Phitsanulok province to provide services to the customers in Phitsanulok and neighboring provinces. • Increased registered capital by Baht 147 million, thereby increasing total registered capital to Baht 575 million and paid-up capital to Baht 428 million. • Approved by the Office of Securities and Exchange Commission on 24 November 2004 to offer the Company's ordinary shares to directors, management and employees in the amount of 6.4 million shares at Baht 5.50 per share. Accordingly, such ordinary shares were offered on 26 – 30 November 2004, thereby increasing the Company's paid-up capital to Baht 460 million.2005 • Grand Pacific Chemical (Thailand) Company Limited one of the Company's major shareholder, sold its entire shareholding in the Company of 33.80 million shares (36.74% of paid-up capital) to AK Enterprise (Thailand) Company Limited which is also a company in Koo's Group. • Approved by the Office of Securities and Exchange Commission for the Initial Public Offering of 23 million shares at 8.90 per shares during August 16 – 18, 2005. As a result, the Company's paid-up capital increased from Baht 460 million to Baht 575 million. The first trading day was August 25, 2005.2006Approved by the Shareholders of the Company for the Right Offering of 115 million shares at 5.5 Baht per shares (par value 5 Baht per shares). The subscription ratio was 1 existing ordinary share for 1 new ordinary share (1:1). Thereby, since October 3, 2006 onward, the new registered and paid-up capital of the Company was Baht 1,150 million. The new shares were then traded in the Stock Exchange of Thailand on October 10, 2006.2010Approved by the Office of Securities and Exchange Commission for the issuance of 3-year debenture to Institutional and High Net Worth Investor totaling to 500,000 unit with par value of 1,000 Baht per unit. The offering price was 1,000 Baht per unit amounting to total issuance of Baht 500 million. The company issued the debenture on May 14, 2010
• AK Enterprise (Thailand) Company Limited which holds the Company's shares amount 80.45 million shares (34.98% of paid-up capital as of January 31, 2012) sold 22 million shares (9.57% of paid-up capital as of January 31, 2012) to Chailease International (Malaysia) Company Limited which is also a company in Koo's Group for restructuring shares in Koo's Group. • Shareholders of the Company approved for the Right Offering of 115 million shares at 10.00 Baht per share (par value 5 Baht per share). The subscription right 2 existing shares : 1 new share (2:1) and change paid-up capital to Baht 1,725 million as of May 31, 2012 then the new shares were traded on June 8, 2012.
• Expansion 3 branches in Chiang Rai, Khon Khen and Ubon Ratchathani for service to customers in such provinces and nearby.
• The Company has increase share capital amount Baht 1,725,000,000 to Baht 1,759,500,000 by increasing the registered capital of Baht 34,500,000 by issuing 6,900,000 ordinary shares at a par value of Baht 5.00 to support the stock dividend as issued in 2014. • Expansion 3 branches in Lampang, Nakronratchasrima and Udonthani Branch for service to customers in such provinces and nearby.